Garrett Response chapter 1
This chapter has interesting explanations of a concept which I am unfamiliar with. The early descriptions of how digital history functions as a concept and developed were interesting topics that I had never learned about. Something I found interesting was the presence of growing pains within the field. Historians attempting to figure out how best to use this occasionally go to far as seen in the example where things like slavery are over analyzed without taking the time to consider other aspects. Apart From this I found this chapter easy to read with a clearly laid out format and appropriate use of analytics which seemed necessary considering the subject matter. The two stories that the author lays out blend well in a way that makes it understandable as to how digital history developed in the way that it did. The author also did a good job of laying out the concerns of digital history at the time and how the culture delt with those.
Comments
Post a Comment