Chapter 4
The chapter brought about the interesting concept that the overwhelming presence and level of opportunities made it paradoxically blinding. The idea developed by the author here is that the immense level of skills that could be applied in the new age of history have left some people in a situation where they believe they are not contributing at all. The author describes this problem by demonstrating that older generations of historians could look to solve their problems with guides or broad scale help whereas the current generation needs help on an almost individual level due to the speed at which technology has progressed.
I personally agree with the assessment made by the author here. I agree that the example of the student and her call for help from twitter was an excellent barometer for the developments discussed here. The author makes a claim which I agree with which is that all though the history department she studied under would tqatisionaly be the place to ask for help and oversight, there remains a level of separation and distance that needed to be covered.
Comments
Post a Comment